Hi all,

In our small company we have 10 nodes of (2 x 3 TB HD) 6 TB each, 128 GB ram
and 64 cores and we are thinking to use them as Cassandra nodes. From what I am
reading around, the community recommends that every node should not keep more
than 1 TB data so in this case I am wondering if it is possible to install 2
instances per node using docker so each docker instance can write to its own
physical disk and utilise more efficiently the rest hardware (CPU & RAM).

I understand with this setup there is the danger of creating a single point of
failure for 2 Cassandra nodes but except that do you think that is a possible
setup to start with the cluster?

Except the docker solution do you recommend any other way to split the physical
node to 2 instances? (VMWare? or even maybe 2 separate installations of
Cassandra? )

Eventually we are aiming in a cluster consisted of 2 DCs with 10 nodes each (5
baremetal nodes with 2 Cassandra instances)

Probably later when we will start introducing more nodes to the cluster we can
decommissioning the "double-instaned" ones and aim for a more homogeneous
solution..

Thank you,

Wil