Reviewing the documentation &  based on my testing, using C* 2.2.8, I was not
able to extend the cluster by adding multiple nodes simultaneously. I got an
error message …

Other bootstrapping/leaving/moving nodes detected, cannot bootstrap while
cassandra.consistent.rangemovement is true

I understand this is to force a node to bootstrap from the former owner of the
range when adding a node as part of extending the cluster.

However, I was able to bootstrap multiple nodes to replace dead nodes. C* did
not complain about it.

Is consistent range movement & the guarantee it offers to bootstrap from
primary range owner not applicable when bootstrapping to replace dead nodes?

Thank you