Here's the metrics you want. Depends on what GC you're using as Dimo said
above.

*1) If you're using CMS - Collection time / Collection count (Avg time per
collection)*

*ParNew*
(java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=ParNew.CollectionTime /
java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=ParNew.CollectionCount)

*CMS*
(java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=ConcurrentMarkSweep.CollectionTime /
java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=ConcurrentMarkSweep.CollectionCount)

*2) If you're using G1GC - Collection time / Collection count (Avg time per
collection)*

*Young Gen*
(java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=G1 Young Generation.CollectionTime /
java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=G1 Young Generation.CollectionCount)

*Old Gen*
(java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=G1 Old Generation.CollectionTime /
java.lang.type=GarbageCollector.name=G1 Old Generation.CollectionCount)

--
www.vorstella.com
408 691 8402