Hi Cassandra community,

I am using Cassandra 3.0.14, 1 cluster, node a,b,c in DC1, node d,e,f in
DC2.

Keyspace_m is 1TB

When I run repair -pr a full keyspace_m on node a, what I noticed are:
1. Repair process is running on node a
2. Anti compaction after repair are running on other nodes at least node
b,d,e,f

I want to know
1. why there are anti compactions running after repair?
2. Why it needs to run on other nodes? (I only run primary range repair on
node a)
3. What's the purpose of anti compaction after repair?
4. Can I disable the anti compaction? If so any damage will cause? (It
takes more than 2 days to run on 1TB keyspace_m, and filled up disk
quickly, too time and resources consuming)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Regards
Martin