I'll try change the garbage collector.

Thanks

Pat

On 2019-09-05 16:38, Jeff Jirsa wrote:
Lot of variables

- how many reads per second per machine?
- how much data per machine?
- are the reads random or is there a hot working set?

Some of the suggestions online are old.
CASSANDRA-8150 has some old’ish suggestions if you’re running CMS
collector. Running > 16G heap should consider using G1GC and that’s
tuned quite differently. Amy Tobey has a decent (2.1 era) tuning
guide, I imagine The Last Pickle has one as well (and wouldn’t be
surprised if Pythian and Instaclustr do too).