> On Sep 29, 2019, at 12:30 AM, DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Jeff for the hints
>
> We are targeting to reach 20Tb/machine using TWCS and 8 vnodes (using
> the new token allocation algo). Also we will try the new zstd
> compression.

I’d provably still be inclined to run two instances per machine for 20TB
machines unless you’re planning on using 4.0

> About transient replication, the underlying trade-offs and semantics
> are hard to understand for common people (for example, reading at CL
> ONE in the face of 2 full replicas loss leads to unavailable
> exception, unlike normal replication) so we will let it out for the
> moment

Yea in transient you’d be restoring from backup in this case, but to be fair,
you’d have violated consistency / lost data written at quorum if two replicas
fail even without transient replication using RF=3