You should not bootstrap with mixed cluster. First you should upgrade and
then bootstrap a new node. If you are not able to upgrade due to disk space
constraints while running upgradesstable, then

1. Reduce the number of threads for upgradesstable (--jobs parameter). By
default it is 2. You can do it one.
2. Run upgradesstable with keyspace/table