Hi

What is allowed and not allowed w.r.t altering Cassandra table schema?

Creating the right schema seems like the most step w.r.t using Cassandra.
Coming from relational background, I still struggle to create schema which
leverages duplication and per-query table (I end up creating relationships
between tables).

Even if I am able to create a schema which doesn’t have relationship between
tables for now, my application will evolve in future and I might then have to
change the schema to avoid creating relationships.

In that respect, what would I be able to change and not change in a schema? If
I add a new field (non-key), then for existing values I suppose the value of
that new field will be null/empty. But if I am allowed to make the new field an
additional key then what will be the value of this key for existing data?

Thanks
Manu