On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 5:55 AM manish khandelwal <
manishkhandelwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have been forced into rolling back our Cassandra after 1 node upgrade.
> The node was upgraded 10 days ago. We have the backup of the old data.
>
> Strategy one which we are thinking :
> 1. Rollback to old binaries and configuration.
> 2. Restore the old data from backup.
> 3. Run Repair.
>
> Another Strategy is to bootstrap the node as new after changing the
> binaries.

The most straightforward way seems to just replace that node by restarting
it with the old binaries, -Dcassandra.replace_address=xxx and a clean data
directory.  Of course, unless that's a seed node—extra steps would be
needed in such a case.

Regards,
--
Alex