Hi! The nodes are all in different racks… except for node7 and node8!
Which is something more that makes them similar (which I didn't notice at first), other than timeline of being added to the cluster.

About the token ring calculation… I'll retry that in NodeJS instead of awk as a double check… yes, it checks out:

0.14603899130502265 node1 HEL1-DC2
0.14885298279986256 node2 FSN1-DC6
0.13917538352395356 node3 FSN1-DC12
0.13593194981676893 node4 FSN1-DC10
0.14054248949667470 node5 FSN1-DC11
0.14387515909570683 node7 FSN1-DC7
0.14558304396201086 node8 FSN1-DC7

(rack names are actually Hetzner datacenters, which is as accurate info as I know… maybe those two FSN1-DC7 nodes are in different racks too)

Yeah, I'm willing to "live with it", my question was more about on the line of "is there something I didn't understand well in Cassandra?" than being preoccupied about the difference in usage.

All the involved keyspaces have an identical RF of:
{'class': 'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'Hetzner': 3, 'DR': 1}

Hypothetically speaking, how would I obtain "the tokens that will balance the ring"? Are there tools out there?

thanks in advance!
cheers,
Lapo