Hello Abdul,

Adding to what Bowen already shared for snapshots.

Assuming that you're not just amplifying disk space by updating\deleting
existing data many times, these are the following things that you should
consider:

  *   Manual snapshots
     *   Check (nodetool listsnapshots) and remove (nodetool clearsnapshot)
unwanted snapshots
  *   Automatic snapshots
     *   You can have unwanted snapshots if auto snapshot is enabled and you're
frequently dropping, trucating or scrubbing tables. Check if that is the case
  *   Incremental backups
     *   Check if you have enabled incremental backups. Those files do not get
deleted on their own and need to be cleaned out regularly
  *   Not running cleanup after adding new nodes to the cluster
     *   Check if you have recently added nodes to the cluster and missed
running cleanups after that
  *   Compaction failing due to low disk space
     *   Cassandra will not be able to compact data (and free up space) if it
does not have the required disk space to rewrite files. Check system.log for
compaction error

Thanks,

Dipan Shah