If you were able to generate old data offline, using something like the
CQLSSTableWriter class, you can add that to the cluster (either via
streaming or nodetool import), that would maintain the TWCS invariant.

That said, with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13418 , IF
you're comfortable with the safety guarantees there (you only use TTLs, you
don't explicitly issue deletes, etc), both of those concerns become much
less important.