*Hi everyone,An update on the current CFP process for Cassandra
Summit. There are currently 23 talk submissions which are far behind what
we need. Two days of tracks mean we need 60 approved talks. Ideally, we
need over 100 submitted to ensure we have a good pool of quality talks. We
already have quite a few vendor pitches that have nothing to do with
Cassandra. Think of it as like CFP
spam. https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cassandra-summit/program/cfp/
<https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cassandra-summit/program/cfp/>The
deadline is December 11th. That is 12 days! If you are assuming that will
get pushed out, don’t. We have a tight schedule before March 13th. Speakers
must be notified of talk acceptance by the beginning of January to book
travel in time. The full schedule will be published by mid-January. That
being said, I have talked to quite a few people that are working on a
submission. Thank you for being willing to create a talk! How can I help
you get it completed? Again, here is my Calendly link if you need to talk
it over:
https://calendly.com/patrick-mcfadin/15-minute-cassandra-summit-cfp-consult
<https://calendly.com/patrick-mcfadin/15-minute-cassandra-summit-cfp-consult>This
is our conference! Let’s make it a festival of the database we love and the
things we build with it. One more thing. We need sponsors! If your employer
can, this is a great opportunity to get your brand out in front of people
building the future. I’ll be back. Go submit a talk. You’ll be happy you
did! Patrick*