Christian Migowski schrieb:
Hi,

how can I use XPathExpressionEngine to get a list of XML attributes? It
seems like i cannot get it working, here is an easily reproducable example.

Given the XML file simple.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<bsmpools>
<Pool id="eins">
 <Name>Name 1</Name>
</Pool>
<Pool id="zwei">
 <Name>Name 2</Name>
</Pool>
<Pool id="drei">
 <Name>Name 3</Name>
</Pool>
</bsmpools>

The code:
 XMLConfiguration config = new XMLConfiguration("simple.xml");
 config.setReloadingStrategy(new FileChangedReloadingStrategy());
 config.setExpressionEngine(new XPathExpressionEngine());
 List x = config.getList("/[EMAIL PROTECTED]");

x ist always empty... I would assume it to contain three elements "eins",
"zwei" & "drei". What am I doing/thinking wrong?

Did you try
List x = config.getList("/Pool/@id"); ?

Something like this works in the unit tests.

Oliver

regards,
christian!

P.S. how can I search the maling list? The archive link from
http://commons.apache.org/configuration/mail-lists.html does not seem to
contain a searching functionalilty