Dennis Lundberg wrote:

The place where we put our log4j configuration file in webapps is

.../tomcat/webapps/myWebapp/WEB-INF/classes/logj4.properties

That puts it on the classpath for the webapp.

Yes thanks for reminding me.. I do now remember that, and the reason for it being where it is at is so I can control who sees that file.

If you have it in the place you mentioned above, I don't think that it will be found by Log4j being called through Commons Logging.

I agree, I did copy a version of that to the .../classes directory and it had NO effect.. Why, I don't have a clue, one would think it would.

Thanks for your reminders and suggestions.

John..