Jörg Schaible schrieb:
Grimm, Markus wrote:
Hi guys,

I've got the following problem:
I've got a xml-config-file with that content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
        <sftp>
                <host>myhost</host>
                <port>22</port>
                <user>testuser</user>
                <pass>08,15</pass>
        </sftp>
</config>

In my application I get the info about pass f.e. like this

String pass = xml_config.getString("sftp.pass");

value of pass: '08' and not '08,15'

I know, that ',' is the default-decollator für list-entries,
but I think it shouldn't affect the getString()-Method ?!
So it might be a bug?!

Actually, it works as designed. getString() delivers the first list entry. And
I am sure, that quite everyone will consider this as a bug ... it makes no
sense to me either :-/

- Jörg

You can disable this behavior by calling
xml_config.setDelimiterParsingDisabled(true);

That said, I fully agree that the default behavior is confusing - I fell into this trap more than once myself. For reasons of backwards compatibility we cannot change this in the 1.x series. But in a 2.0 version I am happy to disable delimiter parsing per default.

Oliver