Dear Rahul, dear all,

  the result value of an XPath-selection is limited to an XPathConstants.NODE
 as of XPathEvaluator#evalLocation(Context, String). Having a root element is
 reasonable for assignments etc. but I'd need to select a NodeSet based on the
 XPath predicates first (and then wrap it evt. into a result element).

 My use case resembles the form interpretation algorithm (FIA) of VXML: the
 <datamodel> of a state is updated continually by the payload of arriving events
 (inputs). There is an UI (form) which reflects the current datamodel and on
each
 change the remaining "empty" <data> items should be selected and presented for
 completion:

<state id="collectInput">
        <datamodel>
                <data id="statedata">...</data>
                <data id="empty"><my:empty xmlns:my="urn:myns"/></data>
        </datamodel>

        <transition event="submit">

                <!-- store input -->
                <assign expr="$_eventdata/data" location="$statedata/datait...@id =
$_eventdata/data/@id]"/>

                <!-- test for remaining empty fields, wrap resulting NodeSet into
"my:empty" element  -->
                <assign expr="my:filter($statedata/item[. = ''],'my:empty')"
location="$empty" />

                <myfn:updateGUI/>

        </transition>

        <transition cond="count($empty/my:empty) = 0" target="nextInputState" />

 </state>

 Although the XPathEvaluator accpets XPathFunctions as constructor arguments,
 there are no public accessors to the namespace and variable contexts. Could you
 please provide an exmaple how to accomplish access to a data NodeSet using an
 XPathFunction or an other way ?

  Many thanks !
    Jaro

--