On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Davis Ford
<davisf...@zenoconsulting.biz> wrote:
> Hi, is anyone on this list familiar with commons-io / commons-fileupload?
>
> If not, is there somewhere else I should be asking questions?
>
> I still have the issue indicated below, and I have an additional question.
>
> When you parse the request... =>
>
> final List<FileItem> items = (List<FileItem>) upload.parseRequest(request);
>
> commons-fileupload also generates files for form field items (e.g. text box
> values).  This is an undesired side effect.  I want it to generate a file
> for the actual file that is uploaded, but not the form fields.  Is there a
> way to control that?

Whether a file is created depends on whether the size is over the
(customisable) threshold. Below the threshold, the item's content will
be kept in memory; above the threshold, it will be written to disk. If
that's not flexible enough for your needs, you can provide your own
FileItem class and your own factory to instantiate it.

--
Martin Cooper