On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Prem Chand Majeti
<prem.maj...@aricent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to SCXML. I had a query on usage of <datamodel> and <data>.
>

> E.g.:- <data name="foo" />
>
> 1)       Is it possible to set <data> values from Java program dynamically?
> 2)       Can I declare this data at document level and use it in all the
> states for further processing?

<snip/>

Yes, and in fact, if you declare a document level <datamodel>, it is
quite trivial to set <data> values programmatically using
SCXMLExecutor#getRootContext() followed by a set on the root context.

> If it is possible, can you give some pointers where I can find an example or
> tutorial for this?

<snap/>

The following resources may be useful (let us know if you have more
questions beyond that):

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/datamodel.html
  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html

-Rahul