Dear Martin, thanks for your response.

The GASS session does not uses the port 80 (and magno is a local
domain). It opens a HTTP session such as

$ globus-gass-server -i -p 8180
http://localhost:8180

and so, you can transfer files using the globus-url-copy (in a grid
environment) or simply, using wget to a URI such as
http://localhost:8180/out/test.txt, where /out/test.txt is on /, the
file is downloaded.

It seems rare since using a URI of a web server or tomcat servlet, this
application has not problems. So, I guess that httpclient is not ready
for this kind of HTTP services, no?

By other hand, the application previously set the HostConfiguration,
client.setHostConfiguration(config);. I am not the developer of this
code, and so I unknown some details.

Regards.