I'm having a problem with JSVC in solaris 10.  We are using it to run tomcat
5.5 and successfully compiled and ran JSVC version 1.0.1 running tomcat 5.5.29.
 due to security bugs in tomcat, we need to upgrade to tomcat  5.5.33.  I
downloaded and copied the tomcat tar.gz file over to the solaris server,
gunzipped and un tarred it.  I compiled JSVC from the source code provided in
the tomcat bin folder (commons-daemon-native.tar.gz).  This was version 1.0.5.
The ./configure and make ran fine, but I get the below error when trying to run
it with the startup script or from the command line with:

./jsvc    -debug   -cp /opt/tomcat5/bin/bootstrap.jar
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Cannot find daemon loader org/apache/commons/daemon/support/DaemonLoader
java_init failed
Service exit with a return value of 1

I changed permissions to all tomcat files to 777 and changed owner and group to
root for all files, still get same error.  I've researched this on google, but
including the commons-daemon.jar file in the classpath and other fixes don't
work.  If I place the 1.0.1 version with the 1.0.1 commons-daemon.jar file in
the tomcat 5.5.33 bin directory, it will run fine.   Any help would be
appreciated.

Uname output of server

SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245

Thanks

Beryle Simmons