On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Patrick Diviacco
<patrick.divia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I get the following error:
>
> May 3, 2011 6:41:25 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester fatalError
> SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 2336608 column 3: The element type "user"
> must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</user>".
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "user" must be terminated by
> the matching end-tag "</user>".
>
> However 2336608 is the last line of my text file. I guess I'm opening a tag
> </user> and I never close it. Do you know how can I find it and fix it, in
> big text files ?
>
> thanks
<snip/>

I'm assuming there are far too many <user> tags to do simple text
searches -- most editors or even web browsers (when instructed to
treat as XML) provide some help in matching start and end tags by
collapsing element bodies etc., you'd have to inspect by opening in
one of those.

-Rahul