On 5/9/11 11:28 AM, Stevo Slavić wrote:
> I believe you're looking for minIdle configuration property. Find more
> configuration details @ http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html

One thing (as of this post) missing from the config doc above is
that in order for the minIdle setting to have any effect, pool
maintenance has to be enabled. To do that, you need to provide a
positive value for timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis. Attempts to ensure
minIdle happen when the maintenance thread runs and they will never
in any case cause more than maxActive connections to be under
management by the pool. So, for example, if maxActive = 10, minIdle
= 5 and when the maintenance thread runs 6 connections are checked
out to clients, it will only be able to create 4 connections to load
into the pool.

Phil