On 03/03/2012 18:32, Chris Vest wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've written an object pool myself, and make a short comparison between it
> and commons-pool in my documentation, to help people choose between the two.
> It's here http://chrisvest.github.com/stormpot/ (under the "why choose..."
> headline)
> and some more here
> https://github.com/chrisvest/stormpot/blob/master/package-info.md (under
> the "Introduction" headline)
>
> Let me know if I've misrepresented commons-pool. I don't want to spread
> misinformation.

A few areas where your statements are not entirely accurate:

Thread safety:
- Commons Pool *is* thread safe.

APIs:
- There are two types of Pool hence two APIs (ObjectPool and
KeyedObjectPool). Each type has multiple implementations. Users are free
to use implementation specific methods *if they want to* but to suggest
that there are many implementations each with a different API is not
correct.

Performance:
Any numbers to back up the claim that Commons Pool is less performant?
It wouldn't surprise me on multi-core machines - that is after all one
of the primary goals of Commons Pool 2.