On 04/05/2012 23:25, Gautam Bakshi wrote:
> Thanks for the answer Miroslav.  This brings up a few other questions to
> me, mainly can I extend the life of a object in pool(these objects
> shouldn't be dying if there is work)?  Also, can I somehow specify a
> minimum limit of objects so I can have them match the number of threads I
> have(this way if the pool does get low the thread doesn't have to wait for
> it to be created)?

Hmm. A couple of points.

You are always going to see some blocking with a pooling implementation.
What you see with 1.5/1.6 is less then you'll see with 1.4 an earlier.
2.x (currently a work in progress) will have even less blocking.

If you each thread only uses one object at a time and you have a minimum
pool size equal to the number of threads why bother with a pool? Just
create an object when you create the thread and dedicate the object to
the thread.

Mark