Dear list, I'd be grateful for any help on the following:

I am using the CMAESOptimizer in the java commons.math3 library to generate a
best fit for a model of learning to some experimental data. When I take the
best parameters generated by the optimisation and plug them into the model, the
fit between the model and the data doesn't match that which I expect on the
basis of the optimisation output. In the cases I have checked the optimiser
output best fit (the value part of the PointValuePair that comes at the end of
the optimisation) is slightly larger than the value I get when I run the model
using the parameters from the optimiser output (the point part of the
PointValuePair that comes at the end of the optimisation).

I have spent quite a long time checking my code and I can't find what the
problem is but it occurred to me that there might be something about the
optimisation output that I haven't understood properly. Am I correct to
assuming that the parameters produced at the end of the optimisation are those
that produced the associated best fit value?

Thanks, Steve.

__
Dr. Steven Glautier,
School of Psychology,