Hi Thomas,

Am 20.02.2014 13:30, schrieb Thomas Melville:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any documentation on implementing a new configuration?
> In our system we have properties in .properties file and .json files and I
> don't see anything about JSON in apache-commons-configuration.
>
> I'd like to implement a JSONConfiguration but I'm unsure where to start.
>
> I thought about extending the Propertiesconfiguration and overriding the
> createLayout.
> I also thought about extending the AbstractFileConfiguration.

there has been some work on a JSONConfiguration on an experimental
branch a longer time ago [1]. I don't know how complete this code is,
but maybe it gives you a good starting point for your own implementation.

The class to inherit from depends on your implementation.
AbstractFileConfiguration is the most generic one if you do basic
reading and writing of files.

We would also be interested in a JSONConfiguration implementation. So if
you could check out the stuff on the experimental branch or come up with
your own implementation, contributions in this area would be welcome!

HTH
Oliver

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/configuration/branches/configuration2_experimental/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/configuration2/json/