On 03/07/2014 10:39 PM, Matthew Hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to use some code from commons-collections:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/collections/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections/trie/?pathrev=1469003
>
> But it seems like this code disappeared in SVN revision 1469004, JIRA
> COLLECTIONS-452:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-452
>
> It should have somehow been moved into the collections4 package but it
> wasn't,
> so a ton of Trie-related classes are missing in Collections 4.0, which I
> really wanted to use in my application. Can anyone clarify why they got
> removed and not replaced and whether we can get them restored?

The Trie related code has not been lost, you can find it here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/collections/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/collections4/trie/

What has been removed though were some specialized analyzers which did
not yet work as expected.

If you refer to them, and you really would like to see them in
collections4, feel free to provide a patch with unit tests, I would be
happy to add support for them too.

Thomas