Hm,

you can try the following:

a) specify the JVM directly, maybe the auto does not work outside a
user session.
b) try tu use the prunmsgr to edit the settings instead of the command
line
c) turn on logging and check the logfile

Is the S:\ drive a share? can you try with a local disk as well?
(permission)

What is the user you use to start the service? try to enter a user
account (do this in the service manager so the user gets the required
permission).

Gruss
Bernd