This is what I did:
this.internalId = RandomStringUtils.randomAlphanumeric(8);

Some Eclipse magic:
@Override
        public int hashCode() {
                final int prime = 31;
                int result = 1;
                result = prime * result + ((internalId == null) ? 0 :
internalId.hashCode());
                return result;
        }

        @Override
        public boolean equals(Object obj) {
                if (this == obj)
                        return true;
                if (obj == null)
                        return false;
                if (getClass() != obj.getClass())
                        return false;
                RawSession other = (RawSession) obj;
                if (internalId == null) {
                        if (other.internalId != null)
                                return false;
                } else if (!internalId.equals(other.internalId))
                        return false;
                return true;
        }