Cameron, Scott <scott.cameron <at> sap.com> writes:

> > Interesting that this has not come up before.  You are right that
PerUserPoolDataSource does not bound the
> number of pools that can be created and SharedPoolDataSource does not
bound the total combined size of the
> keyed pool it maintains.  Please do open a JIRA requesting the
capability.

> > An ugly but possibly adequate workaround would be to subclass either
one of the datasources above and
> override getPooledConnectionAndInfo to enforce a global bound that you
maintain in a new instance
> variable before calling the superclass method.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation of the issue.  I've entered it into JIRA
as DBCP-373.

> The ugly work-around you suggest is actually exactly what we ended up
doing to
> get access the inner object pool object.  We're hoping we can replace
it with
> something nicer in the future but for now it does the trick with only
a few
> (admittedly stinky) lines of code.
>
> Cheers,
> scott

Hi,

I was wondering if this issue was resolved. I can see that the JIRA
request has been closed (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-
373). However, I have looked into the source code changes
(https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/commons?cs=1568055) and API
documentation (version 2.0) and I don't see new attributes which would
control the total number of user pools allocated by
PerUserPoolDataSource. I am seeing a bunch of new attributes added to
control the functionalities of individual pools, but I don't see any new
options to control the total number of pools.

Thanks,
Oksana