Hi all,

I am working with a third party developed application.  In their new
version, they have moved from vfs 2.0 to 2.1-snapshot.

Since making that change, we are having trouble making sftp connections.
 We receive the following error:

org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not determine if file
"sftp://username:***@some.site.com:2222/"; is writeable.

Since I control that sftp site, I watched the logs and see that our app
is able to log in, cwd, and get a directory listing.  We have the same
issue when trying to drop to other sftp sites.  We do not have this
issue when we used vfs 2.0.

Is anyone aware of any changes within vfs that could cause this change
in behavior between 2.0 and 2.1-snapshot?

Thanks,

Ryan