Thank you Woonsan,
The use case is to report transition failure or invalid path.
Using the listener is good, but it wont be triggered unless the
transition happens.
For example this was written to test commons SCXML 1:

@Override
    public boolean fireEvent(String event) {
        List<Transition> lst = this.getCurrentState().getTransitionsList(event);
        if (lst == null) {
            System.out.println("unknown event: " + event);
            return false;  // this should return true if final only
        }
        State before = this.getCurrentState();
        boolean evnetFired = super.fireEvent(event);

        State after = this.getCurrentState();

        if (after.equals(before)) {

            Status stauts = this.getEngine().getCurrentStatus();

            Set<State> valid = stauts.getStates();

            System.out.println("We are in " + before.getId() + ".
Possible next states: ");

            for (Transition transition : lst) {
                System.out.println(transition.getTarget().getId());
            }

            List<Transition> transitionList =
this.getCurrentState().getTransitionsList();

            for (Transition transition : transitionList) {
                System.out.println(transition.getTarget().getId());
            }
            // throw new
            // IllegalStateException("Can not complete transition while in " +
            // before.getId());
        } else {
            System.out.println("succefully switched state " +
before.getId() + " -> " + after.getId());
        }
        return evnetFired;
    }

Is there a way to translate it to 2 ?