On 6 October 2016 at 03:01, Justin Compson <justincomp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Understood that the code hasn't been released but I thought that users could
> use the snapshot version?  I'm just trying to use the samples given and I'm
> unable to even utilize the samples.

Snapshots are works in progress and may be in any state.
They are intended for developers who understand the restrictions,
limitations and risks.

> I don't recall where I got the source but I think it was here:
> https://github.com/apache/commons-imaging

That is a mirror of the current trunk, so is a work-in-progress and
may not even compile.

> I even tried the Sanselan version and was unable to get that working either.
> Is there a place where I can get the binary version of either?  I've had
> trouble with the import statements and then executing my test programs
> primarily because of the taginfo class.

The Sanselan version is available from the Download link on the
Commons Imaging site which currently leads to

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-imaging/download_sanselan.cgi

> All I'm really trying to grab is camera make, and a few other things to
> rename my images for personal sorting purposes and planned on using Imaging
> as I've had other success with Apache libraries.

If you download the Sanselan source as well as the binary, it looks
like there are some samples in the test tree - there's one called
MetadataExample.java that might be suitable as a starting point.

Note that the Sanselan 0.97-incubating release is also available from
Maven Central.