Hello Patrik.

> Hi,
> first time user of math here, in more ways than one it feels. :)
>
> I need to get the shortest distance between two segments,
> not knowing the difference, I started off by using 3d Line but until I knew
> why, the result was disturbing. ;)
>
> However, the 3d Segment class is missing all sorts of methods compared to
> the 3d Line class.
>
> Does commons math provide a way around this that allows me to get the
> distances I need in a simple way?
>
> Oh, the intersection, if any, is of interest too.
>
> /Patrik

In the upcoming version of Commons Math (v4.0), the package
"geometry" has been removed: Code has been ported to a new
library:
    https://commons.apache.org/geometry

Please have a look, and if what you need is still missing, don't
hesitate to repost (using the "[Geometry]" prefix in the subject).

Best regards,
Gilles