I am using JCS 2.2. I am an infrequent user of JCS, so please bear with me.  I have checked the mail list archives for past few years, couldn't find any answers to this q...

I have a cache region whose key type is say String and whose value type is some class C.  C is Serializable.

I use the cache, so objects of class C go into that region. The cache is backed by disk, so objects of class C end up in files.

C may then change, such that its serialVersionUID changes. If so, what I want to happen is that when I do a

C c = cache.get( "K" );

I would like to see the InvalidClassException, so that I can call

cache.clear()

and start over with the 'new' C objects.

But cache.get() doesn't throw such an error.  I always get a null result back, which means I can't distinguish this type of error from a simple cache miss (key not present), so I can't call the cache.clear().

Somewhere in the call stack, JCS is catching the error so that it doesn't propogate to user code?

Are there any api calls I can make to set the cache up so that it is cleared on this type of error?

Thanks

Stu