Hi all,

I have an issue when I try upgrading my existing application.
For years I have been using procrun to install and start the application as a Windows service. No it seems that there is some sort of compatibility problem. My application is compiled with JDK 11 and also run with JDK 11. It is configured to run in JVM mode. Now comes the main issue: it makes use of load time weaving (AspectJ). For this I need to install a Java agent in order to register a class transformer. I use Spring's instrumentation support package (spring-instrument.jar) for this. When I change the JvmOptions in the service configuration to add the javaagent like this:

-javaagent:"lib/spring-instrument.jar"

It stops working. The service does not start and Windows event viewer states that my service has crashed. I see no log message giving my any hint where to start searching. Initially I used Version 1.1.0.0 of procrun, but even with the recent 1.2.4 the problem persists. I double checked the path to the jar file and even tried with the absolute path in case the working directory would not match. I used the exact same configuration formerly for this application using Oracle JDK 8. Is there a known issue with OpenJDK 11 I am not aware of?

Kind regards
Sebastian Götz