Please try again with single quotes rather than double quotes. i.e.

-Dfoo='bar;zar'

Mark

On 17/08/2021 07:43, Gridinas, Mantas wrote:
I did test that prior writing the message. Result was the following:

-Dfoo=bar
zar

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2021 19:17
To: Commons Users List <user@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [daemon] Escaping the colon

What happens if you say:

-Dfoo="bar;zar"

Gary

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021, 11:54 Gridinas, Mantas <mantas.gridi...@storebrand.no>
wrote:

Hi!

I've come into a bit of a pickle. I'm trying to pass the following
value as my argument for a system property -Dfoo=bar;zar Which results
in the following usage of ++StartParams
++StartParams=-Dfoo=bar;zar

In my JVM I am using `System.getProperty("foo")` to read the the
expected value of "bar;zar", but instead procsrv.exe considers that
zar should be a different argument which in turn causes the java.exe
think that zar is the main class name for application instead. How do
I go about escaping the colon in startparams?

Cheers!
// Mantas