Hello.

Le mer. 20 juil. 2022 à 12:29, Alessandro Moscatelli
<alessandro.moscate...@live.com> a écrit :

> Hi everybody !
>
> I have an xyz grid of points.
> I want to interpolate and compute derivations along x, along y, and along xy.
>
> If I understood correctly, I can’t use PiecewiseBicubicSplineInterpolator
> (this was my first attempt), since it interpolates into
> PiecewiseBicubicSplineInterpolatingFunction which doesn’t implements
> MultivariateDifferentiableFunction .
>
> I need a function able to return DerivativeStructure, am I right ?

I think so.

> Then I double checked and found a deprecated BicubicSplineInterpolator.
> That interpolator lets me directly compute derivatives I need.

This class does not exist in the development version that will become
the next major version (4.0).

> Am I missing something ?
> How can I do what I need without using deprecated BicubicSplineInterpolator.

As you suggest, it would be great that you explore how to provide
access to the derivatives (which the interpolating functions are able
to compute, since they are polynomials).

A minimal change would perhaps be that "BicubicInterpolatingFunction"
implements a new "BivariateDifferentiableFunction" interface:
---CUT---
public interface BivariateDifferentiableFunction extends
    BinaryOperator<DerivativeStructure,DerivativeStructure,DerivativeStructure>
{}
---CUT---

Regards,
Gilles