Forgive the noob question.. but I've not been able to easily locate an approach today to getting a return that gives all the unique field names in a couch database.

It's not too hard to generate a map function that emits an array of the field names in a particular record....
(please note this is about as much JS as I have ever written)  :)
function(doc) {
  var i = 0;
  var keyNames = new Array();
  for (var key in doc) {
    keyNames[i] = key
    i++;
  }
  emit(null,keyNames);
}

However, once I pass that over to the reduce (assuming this is even the way to do it) I don't see an easy way to get the unique intersection of the various field names.

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks
Doug