You can get the json doc at http://localhost:5984/database/doc_id - which might mean you'd want to set the _id in such a way as sto be useful (e.g. username).
Cheers
Simon

On 26 Jun 2009, at 10:22, maill...@ol-mars.se wrote:

Ok, but I didn't mean to extract it directly from a local file (sorry if
I didn't explain my problem properly) but more ask the db a question
that returns an entire JSON object.

For example, say I have a db called persons, with a key Mark and a key
Marcus. They both have the fields (_id and _rev) address,
phonenumber,... and so on.

I want my server application (a pylons server btw) to extract this
information about mark and marcus and present them as JSON objects for
another server to parse in JS. This is why I'm wondering if I can get a
JSON object from the db directly instead of asking for address, phone,
and so on, to build a new JSON object and present.

It would be even better if someone knew how to do this in python, but
all ways are good ways :P