2010/11/8 José M Martínez <josemmartin...@gmail.com>:
> CouchDB used catalogs to find information on any documents?

I don't know what you mean by catalogs, but in the Plone CMS a
"catalog" is an index.

Yes, you can define arbitrary indexes to perform efficient searches in
your documents. An index is defined using a "view", comprising a map
function which extracts data to be indexed from the document, and a
optional reduce function used to aggregate and group results.
JavaScript is the default language for defining views, but other
languages, such as Python, may be used for the same purpose with a
little extra configuration.

> What operating systems support CouchDB?

All of them ;-). It runs on Linux, OSX, Windows and can probably be
compiled in Unixes. The easiest intasllers are here:

http://www.couchone.com/get

--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer