You don't need a view for this. You can use the bulk document API to fetch multiple documents with a single request:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API

On 02/24/11 05:26, Justin Walgran wrote:
You definitely want to POST the keys to the view. Looping over the
entire view in a list function slows down noticeably for a large
number of documents.

To get the docs with the 3 keys mentioned in your example, you could
do something like this.

curl -X POST -d '{"keys": ["asdf", "powsf", "aaaa"]}' -H
'http://localhost:5984/db/_design/app/_view/view_name'

Justin