I imagine that if anything needs the performance it is the view indexer?

On 30/06/2011, at 6:06 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 09:53, Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
But beyond the parallelization of request handling there's concurrency
in the more general sense. The neat thing about Erlang, and why it has
its reputation, is that the CouchDB code can be liberal about its use
of concurrency at the code level without suffering from deadlocks or
other headaches that often plague programmers of complex,
multi-threaded shared memory systems. The Erlang team has taken care
of all the hard parts about sharing data in a concurrent environment.
As I understand it, the Erlang runtime's use of chipsets with many
hardware threads is only improving, and those benefits will be
automatically conferred upon CouchDB.

One thing that, as far as I know, has not been parallellized is the
view indexer. While it should be possible to execute at least the map
part of map/reduce concurrently, CouchDB doesn't do that yet. IIRC
there were reasons for that? But at least it's good to be aware of.

Cheers,

Dirkjan
--
Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg