I've got several gigabytes of data that I'm trying to store in a couchdb on
a single machine.  I've placed a section of the data in an sqlite db and
the file is about 5.9gb.  I'm currently placing the same data into couchdb
and while it hasn't finished yet, the file size is already 10gb and
continuing to grow.  The sqlite database is essentially a table of ids with
a json block of text for each, so I figured the couchdb wouldn't be too
much different in size.

Does anyone have some recommendations on how to reduce the size of the db?
 Right now I've only inserted data and have not made any "updates" to
documents, so there should be no revision copies to be cleared away.