If you're trying to sort hierarchically using integers as id's, assuming the
id's grow incrementally with time (say you were using local_seq), the arrays
will naturally sort numerically, whereas strings are going to sort
alphanumerically,  meaning 2, 3, 22, 33 vs "2", "22", "3","33".

Hence,

[ 1, 2 ]
[ 1, 3 ]
[ 1, 3, 10 ]
[ 1, 22 ]
[ 1, 22, 4 ]
[ 1, 22, 5 ]

Which is what I think your intended sort order?

Sent from my iPad