On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to temporarily open the port for couchdb so I can access futon.
>  However, I have a large database already in there that I don't want
> accessible by the public.  If I temporarily move the database_name.couch
> file from the var/lib/couchdb/ directory and then move it back after allow
> me to hide the database?  I just want to make sure that I'm not missing
> something such that copying it back will result in it no longer working.
>
> -Tim

Just to be thorough, yes and no. You could definitely move the file
out of the way and move it back no problem. The only thing to note
here is that if you move it while couchdb has the file opened it'll
maintain that link and still have access. The easiest way to make sure
its not connected is to just reboot the server.