Thanks, Dave.

I haven't worked with irc yet and I'd probably make a fool of myself on the
first attempt. I did install mIRC and registered in freenode #couchdb as
barbalex.

I tried deinstalling CouchDB 1.2.2, eliminating C:\Program Files
(x86)\Apache Software Foundation\CouchDB, stopping all the services and
processes you mentioned.
Then I copied over %COUCH%/var/lib/ from my backup.
This time I paid better attention to what is happening, which is weird:

   - All my couches show up in futon (see futon.png)
   - most of them work perfectly too
   - the one I'm working with right now ist "artendb" and it turns up too.
   But no information is shown (size, number of documents, update seq)
   - when I try to open artendb I get this message: "Error:
   bad_otp_release. To open the database 'artendb', Apache CouchDB must be
   built with Erlang OTP R13B04 or higher" (see error.png)

The first time I tried to update to 1.2.1 a day or two ago I tried to
simply install 1.2.1 over 1.2. Probably artendb was opened in several
registers in the browser at that moment. Could this have destroyed the
couch? Probably not because after that I did work with artendb on 1.2.1 a
little without issues, before installing 1.2.2.

When installing 1.2.2 it is possible that artendb was opened in futon and
it's couchapp in my browser too though (if the browser was open which it
probably was as I downloaded CouchDB 1.2.2 just before installing), as I
always have several registers with it active. But this time I first
deinstalled and removed C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
Foundation\CouchDB entirely, then reinstalled. And after checking that
futon showed a working CouchDB I copied back %COUCH%/var/lib/.

Maybe it's a bad idea to have registers accessing a couch open when
manipulating couchdb?

The backup I'm using to restore %COUCH%/var/lib/ was made after upgrading
to 1.2.1, before upgrading to 1.2.2.

I'll now try deleting artendb. Then creating it new. And replicating it
from a version on iriscouch. After several hours (usually about 3 to 4) the
views will be built and hopefully all is okay again. I'll tell you here if
it worked.

Alex

Alexander Gabriel
Wiesenstrasse 22