hey,

that...was tremendously helpful. I assumed thats was how it all worked but
in my head it seemed "To good to be true" so I had to really make sure. I
saw the news about cochdb merging the bigcouch code into the code base. So
I take it it is safe for me t start my project using couchdb 1.3.0 as I
have been doing and just stand up bigcouch when i need to.

I have to play with Bigcouch a little more. while I am here...what is the
difference between Bigcouch's clustering techniques and couchbase's XDCR? I
won't be using couchbase because it doesn't have the flexibility and
functionality that couchdb does. but I was generally curious what the
difference was.

again..many thanks...I can now go full steam ahead with my project
regards,

Stanley