Dave, this isn't my thread. Alex had asked:

> Is there any way to unconditionally overwrite a document without
first making a round-trip to get the current rev?

Everyone said no. Looks like it's totally doable using new_edits=false and
a script that resolves any conflicts by simply picking the most recent
update.

Whether or not couchdb is a good fit for Alex's needs is a separate issue.